Working at camp will be your toughest job yet! No kidding! But is it worth it? Definitely! No where else will you develop your leadership skills, mature in your faith or establish long lasting friendships, then at camp.
Are you ready for a life changing experience? Of course you are and Camp Arnes may just be the place for you! There are so many different opportunities for you to get involved, check it out for yourself!
Summer Leadership positions
Positions start May 1
Camps Leader & Summer Programs Leader
These leaders are responsible for all cabin staff and junior leaders. Reporting directly to the Director of Summer Ministries, these leaders oversee all staff and leaders responsible for providing the cabin residential experience, from cabin leading to activities. Both leaders positions work together to fulfill the summer camp goals and objectives. Time is spent in May and June preparing for summer camp, as well as staff and leadership training. Both positions are provided room, board and $300 per week in stipend as well as eligible for up to $600 a week in Share a days wage. Click here for the job descriptions (Camps Leader or Summer Programs Leader). Call 1-888-642-7618 with questions or email Max Ehrman.
Key positions we are presently looking to fill
Wranglers – Do you have a love for horses and children? We are looking for experienced wranglers to work under our Horsemanship Manager, instructing campers as well as grooming, tacking and maintaining the corrals.
Lifeguards – We are looking for lifeguards who are 17 years old and hold their National Lifeguard Certification.
Activity Staff – Archery, Challenge Course, Wall Climbing, Zipline, Canoeing, Kayaking, Paddle boarding – Does this sound like you kinda work? We are looking for staff to teach these activites.
Cabin Leaders – Male and female cabin leaders are still needed. Spend your summer investing in the lives of youth and share the good news of the gospel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Share Christian life and character with campers whenever possible
- Be creative in teaching
- Uphold the Staff Handbook & all camp policies and procedures
- Maintain cleanliness and be punctual
- Be passionate about the program
- Ensure safety of all activities & programming
- Promote & demonstrate a well balanced Christian life
- At least 1-2 summer experiences in a camp atmosphere
- Experience in a leadership role or equivalent
- Ability to walk/run around the camp grounds
- Ability to work on less the 8 hours of sleep a day
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to communicate with parents in a professional manner when necessary
Email Max Ehrman for any questions you may have.
Note: You must 17 or older to work at Camp Arnes