Camp Arnes, an extension of the ministry of the Church, owned and operated by Lake Winnipeg Mission Camp Society, Inc., was founded in 1949 by a group of Mennonite Brethren laymen, dedicated to challenging guests with exemplary Christian living, spiritual nurture, character and leadership development in a wilderness environment.
Building on the goals of the founders, the Society strives to demonstrate innovation and leadership in carrying out Christ’s Great Commission to “preach the good news” to all people (Matthew 28:18-20).
In accordance with the traditions of the Society, the Mission of Camp Arnes is to:
- Provide guests with an exceptional atmosphere for inviting them to experience Christ as Lord and Savior (John 3:16 & 17).
- Develop Christian character and leadership qualities through role modeling and formal teaching.
- Provide an outstanding setting and opportunity for recreation and relaxation.
- Foster a sensitive attitude to nature and the management of our environment (Psalm 8:1-9).
- Offer a camping experience to people of diverse cultural, ethnic and church heritages while recognizing our responsibility to the Mennonite Brethren community of Manitoba, who provide much of our continuing support.