Thank you for considering Camp Arnes. As a parent I understand how important it is to know that your child is safe while away from home. It was not until I sent my kids to a day camp that I understood how protective I was as a parent. It is Camp’s primary concern that our campers are in a safe environment at all times, both physical and mentally.
Please consider these things when looking at Camp Arnes and other camps for your kids:
- Camp Arnes undergoes a comprehensive accreditation process with The Manitoba Camping Association. This accreditation ensures that the Camp is meeting the industry standards for safe and professional operation.
- Camp Arnes is member of several associations such as Christian Camping International, Certified Horsemanship Association, Canadian Council of Christian Charities, Manitoba Camping Association and the American Camping Association. All these organizations provide information and standards to keep camps up to date with the latest issues, products, policies and procedures for keeping camps running competently.
- Each year Camp Arnes is inspected by the local government agencies for health and fire safety.
- Camp Arnes is located 19 km from the Gimli Hospital which is equipped for emergency services. Ambulance service is 10 minutes from Camp. Each year the emergency services team is invited up to Camp to establish our protocols.
- Each Camp week there are certified nurses on staff.
- Our staff undergoes a nine day comprehensive training program which includes:
- Emergency response plan
- Missing Persons
- Emergency procedures
- Basic first aid
- We are a relational based Camp and, as such, our staff are chosen for their desire and passion to spend time with kids and see them grow in confidence, esteem and respect. Our recruitment takes us across Canada looking for individuals to fill this need.
- All staff and volunteers clear a police and child abuse check.
Once again, thank you for considering our Camp. We look forward to the opportunity to be part of your child’s life. If you have any further comments or questions feel free to contact our Camp Office.